*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Interview with Nicky Peacock, author of "Bad Blood"

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=0d6748ac23&view=att&th=13ecd267e772330b&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_Bqo62JCbd6XIzyK6YPB5E&sadet=1369354040814&sads=vDso2B_whlKWEsI27z24USvdiFA&sadssc=1Tell us about Bad Blood.
Well, at its core it’s a vampires VS zombies YA horror. It sees feuding vampires having to work together to save human survivors in a zombie outbreak in England. The story is told from the character, Britannia’s point of view and she is a strong-willed 4 centuries old vampire who has dedicated her existence to protecting her country and making her maker pay for murdering her true love.

You're stranded on a desert island and can only have one book with you, what is it?
Can I have my Kindle? I could MacGyver up a coconut electrical outlet to keep it charged? Okay, that’s probably cheating. I’d have to go with an anthology, that way I’ve got lots of stories and different authors to keep me distracted from the many island dwelling creatures lurking between the dark trees...  

Is there a place that inspires your writing?  Can you tell us about it?
There’s a local hotel that’s about a 5 minute drive from where I live. It’s an old manor house built in the 16th Century. It’s stunning and you can almost feel the history of the place as you walk through its corridors. They have both a drawing room and library where I sit with a pot of coffee and my laptop. It doesn’t hurt that they have a spa too, which I do wander into every now and then too!

What do you listen to (if anything) while you write?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=0d6748ac23&view=att&th=13ecd267e772330b&attid=0.2&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_Bqo62JCbd6XIzyK6YPB5E&sadet=1369354042945&sads=jCiPZgWspP_yNq0yyfjU91cvyl8I do listen to a lot of music when writing, it can really help to get certain scenes flowing. I’ve put my play list for Bad Blood on my blog here: http://nickypeacockauthor.wordpress.com/2013/04/13/my-bad-blood-playlist-musical-inspiration-blog-hop/
It has YouTube links on each song so you can listen to them online. 

What are you currently reading?
I’m currently reading the Black Dawn by Rachel Caine. I love the Morganville Vampire books and am catching up on the series. I'm reading it in paperback whilst also reading Poison by Sarah Pinborough on my Kindle - this was recommended to me by another blogger. 

Title: Bad Blood
Author
: Nicky Peacock
Publisher
: Noble Romance Publishing, LLC -- Noble Young Adult, LLC
Genre
: Young Adult, Horror, Paranormal.
Theme & Special Content
: Zombies, Vampires, Violence, England, post-apocalyptic
Release Date
: May 2013
ISBN#
9781605923482
Length of book
: 170 pages - print     119 pages - eBook
Heat rating
: n/a
Purchase & Excerpt Link
: https://www.nobleromance.com/Books/458
US purchase Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Blood-Volume-Nicky-Peacock/dp/1605923494/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368863996&sr=8-2&keywords=bad+blood+nicky

UK purchase Link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bad-Blood-ebook/dp/B00CPQDJN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368357057&sr=8-1&keywords=bad+blood+nicky+peacock

Canada purchase link:

http://www.amazon.ca/Bad-Blood-ebook/dp/B00CPQDJN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368864596&sr=8-1&keywords=bad+blood+nicky

Cost of Book
: USA $8.90 Print -$4.90 eBook  UK £5.72 Print  £3.30 eBook. CA $5.05 Canadian Dollars
 
Blurb:
“I am Britannia. I am your protector. I will fend off the hungry hordes of undead hands that reach toward you. I am your steadfast defender. I will stand between you and the zombie masses as they try to taste your flesh. I am strong, unyielding, and dedicated to your survival. All I ask from you… is your blood.”
A five-hundred-year-old bloody game of vengeance will need to be put on hold if vampires are to survive the zombie uprising. Britannia and Nicholas, bitter enemies and the only two surviving vampires left in London, have to work together to save un-infected humans and deliver them safely to a vampire stronghold in the Scottish Highlands. Unable to drink the zombie "bad blood," the remaining vampires need the humans to stay alive. But will the vampires tell the survivors who they are and what they want from them? Will Britannia be able to hold back her vengeance for the greater good? Is survivor Josh the reincarnation of Britannia's murdered true love? And can she bring herself to deliver him to the "safe" hold?
Survival instincts run deep, but bad blood can run deeper.
Author Bio:
Nicky is an English author living in the UK. She writes both YA and adult horror and paranormal Romance. In her spare time she runs a local writers' group and can be found online through the links below:
Author Links:
Included with this information is a photo of Nicky Peacock and the front cover of Bad Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...